Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 5, 6 & 7

What an end to a week! I'm totally loving this challenge. I feel like I have to try harder, not just do the normal for me. I'm learning to step out of my comfort zone to be generous. I will say this weekend was a little more challenging.

As I posted what I did for day 4, my son, Josiah, was starting to get sick. This turned into croup and landed us in the doctors office on Friday. I didn't want to have to spend the whole weekend nervous that we were going to end up in the ER. Last year, my son was hospitalized for 3 days because of croup. Anyway, back to the topic at hand. We went to the doctor on Friday and left with a shot and time to kill in town. We, myself, son & sister-in-law, Cassie, met the rest of the ladies of the family for lunch at Fazoli's. I had high hopes that I would get Josiah to eat anything. He did and during this lovely visit to Fazoli's, we had the most wonderful dining room server. He was friendly, helpful and most of all always around and available. He came to our table at least 4 times while we were seated. So I vowed after leaving that restaurant that he was just who I was going to show my generosity to that day. Fast foward a few hours and I'm on the road heading home. I look up Fazoli's number and call to speak with their manager. I told them about their precious gem of a server. What I learned from this phone call was that this man had just started working there and they were going to make sure he knew about my phone call. They seemed really excited to hear such praise over their new employee. So that ends day 5.

Day 6: I donated some Pampers rewards points to an organization that provides fresh water for children and families. I provided a weeks worth of clean water.

Day 7 (today): I decided this afternoon after running errands with Josiah that I would surprise him and stop and get a snack at McDonald's. He loves french fries, so I stop and got two small ones. One for me, of course, and one for him. I sat in line for quite at while for these little fries and got to thinking about the challenge and ended up leaving McDonald's paying for the order of the car behind me.



"No one has ever become poor by giving." -Anne Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment