Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 2 & Day 3

How's the challenge going for you? I honestly thought this would be more of a challenge to me than it is. I'm generally a giving person, but what I'm learning is that I'm more of a giver than I even thought. Don't get me wrong. I know I will be challenged this month, but starting is definitely easier than thought.

Okay...okay, so what did I do for days 2 and 3 you ask....okay, I'll tell you.

Day 2: I gathered up many of the loose items of clothing around my house that have needed to find a new home and took them and donated them to the Salvation Army. I love helping shelters in any way I can. That is where you find the true love for others.

Day 3: My Dad lives some distance away and has been asking me to send him some pictures of my sister and I and my son. I've just kept putting it off and putting it off. So today, I finally printed all those pictures off including a few surprise pictures for him and dropped them in the mail. I started to think this morning about how excited I get when I know I'm getting something in the mail....how I check the mail box every day in hopes that it's there...only to be disappointed it's not there. So....sigh, I realized, I was that person. Lesson learned and love shown.

Hope you all are chugging along and richly enjoying the blessings of having a generous heart.

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers."   - Galatians 6:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment