Friday, November 4, 2011

Stolen Joy

It's all been made clear to me, well as clear as can be made at the moment, how I have let little things steal my joy. I have this beautiful picture of all the things that bring me joy: family dance parties, little man learning how to play board games, beautiful sunsets, game nights with the family, Oreos (I'm pretty sure I'm at least half Oreo now)....I could just keep going.



 

But I let those unexpected hiccups in my day steal my joy. I let my personal struggles....steal my joy. I never see it in the moment. I just sulk, run over and over in my mind what these little things mean. I become quiet and just kind of get stuck in this funk. I wonder things that I know are untrue. Is this a sign? I'm a horrible mom...that's why? It's because I didn't do this...or that! Why do I let these little things stifle what could be tremendous joy in my life? I want to choose joy!

I will not allow Satan to turn my thoughts away from what should be great memories being made. So, here I am confessing that I've allowed him to do just that. But....and here's the big but....I'm not letting him do it anymore. I'm taking that joy back that he's taken away. I'm not going to loosen my grip on it my moments of weakness, I'm to make a habit of pointing out the things in my life that bring me joy and great blessing. Next time I get in that funk, I'm going to remind myself of said list.

What steals your joy? How do you keep it....not allow it to be taken?

No comments:

Post a Comment