Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Signs that Spring is near....or nearly here

It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so! ~Mark Twain

As my family is finally recovering for what's seems like months of illness, I'm finally catching a glimpse of the beauty of Spring. The past weekend the temps got up into the 80's and the very next day dropped back down into the 50's and 60's dragging rain along with it. But don't for a second think I didn't enjoy every bit of that warm weather.

As we prepared for church on Sunday, I was so stoked to break out some spring clothing (ie. short sleeved....and probably a skirt). It was so refreshing being able to walk out of the house without out have to pile on the layers that Winter requires. At this point, my Spring frenzy began. It was like I needed to cram in everything you could possibly do in the summer into one summer-like day. After church, we headed to the hardware store, only to see that many, and I mean many others had the same idea. After the quick run into the store, we drove home ate lunch in a rush and were out the door, and in shorts and tanks at that! I began the tedious, but at the moment, exciting work of cleaning up and clearing out my flower garden with my man. I always seem to make these plans to do things on my own, only to find out that I need his help. And, he is always willing. My little man spend the afternoon with a Tonka dump truck and shovel to pile dirt into it's bed. He was in little boy heaven. After doing a little hard work, I broke out some sidewalk chalk, bubbles....and a squirt gun to play. Can you hear my sneaky laugh? Because it was definitely there. This caused a chain of reaction or sorts, which led us into washing our cars, because indelibly the hose had made its way out from its home.



The one big thing about Spring for me though is this...it's a time of growth, renewing, cleansing. The earth is new, and looks clean and pretty again after a long Winter. It's a reminder of the what Jesus has come and done for us. He came to cleanse and renew. He cleansed us so that we may be sinless to the Father. What a gift! I need to remind myself more often than I do, what he has done for me. I've been redeemed!

No comments:

Post a Comment